Mission Covenant Church exists to connect the unconnected to Jesus Christ and together grow as fully devoted followers of Him.
Established in 1894 by early Swedish immigrants, the Mission Covenant Church of Poplar was located along County Road D just one block south of Highway 2. It was known at that time as the Swedish Mission Congregation. On January 1, 1944, the church name was officially changed to Mission Covenant Church. Over the years, our congregation flourished until it was time to expand our facility. In February of 1996 our congregation moved to its current location. Our church family is now reflective of today’s community.
As we prepare for the future, we are thankful for the vision of our forefathers. We praise God for what He has provided in this community since our church was established and thank Him for his leading.
Learn more about our history & beliefs.